A person who transcribes the words that are spoken into the format which is typed or written is known as transcriptionist or the provider of transcription services.
In spite of the fact that there is no “formal” academic qualification required for a transcriptionist, one can get training through school education, degree programs or at work training offered by a few organizations. To be a medical transcription specialist, you need to know about medical terminologies; else, any individual who can transcribe the spoken words into composed configuration can be a general transcriptionist and every transcription company will provide best training to be a qualified transcriber. You should do nothing more than listen and sort at the same time, use foot pedal to play and adjust the dictations, control your transcribe machine-all in the meantime.
Go through the requirements, skills and capabilities needed for a transcriber to deliver quality transcription services
- 2 years of experience with skilled transcriptionist can be helpful.
- Knowledge of medical terminologies is required, if you need to be a MT.
- Knowledge of legitimate terms and words is important to end up a legal transcriptionist.
- Good verbal correspondence, memory and spelling will be exceptionally welcomed.
- You ought to be sufficiently talented to utilize and work PC.
- Good writing expertise is required.
- Knowledge of and legitimate use of language structure, punctuation.
- Ability to understand different accents and word usages.
Responsibilities and duties one should have in a transcription company
- Transcribe precisely with right syntax, punctuation and spelling.
- Transcription log should be kept.
- Maintain a required time allotment.
- Edit transcript at each stage.
- Professionalism should be the maintained.
- Total security and secrecy ought to be kept up.
For whatever length of time that you have a good speed for typing, can hear and comprehend different accents, word usages, and are quite comfortable with the tools and software that will facilitate your transcription, you can earn very easily.
Transcription, being a profession will proceed for a long time to come. There are sufficient transcription attempts to keep you occupied all through lifetime in all fields-legal, medical, academicals, transcription for interviews etc. Just thing you need to do is-be interested in all progressions, specialized headways that might happen every now and then. If you are a very much educated, early expert, a lot of transcription works are in store for you.
For an instance in the point of transcription as a business service, we can see the tips for transcribing an interview
1) Write the name of the questioner, interviewee, time, date and area, where it occurred.
2) Interviews are for the most part will be question and answer type. Use foot pedal to stop and begin your tape. Play a little area at once and type as you hear them. Repeat the tape as and when required. Incorporate both inquiries and interviewee’s answer.
3) Transcribe every word. Once in a while a few words are not clear, there you read the entire section and make a smart guesses. Make sure to put those guess words in brackets so that others can know it’s not their spoken word.
4) Insert different section in the middle of at whatever points an interviewee makes another idea. Put a space in the middle of every speaker. If necessary, you can alter into more section in the final document.
5) After completing the first draft, listen to the tape once more. Perused the transcribed meeting in the meantime. Do revisions, if important.
6) Now editing should be done. Spelling out short words and abbreviations and clearing punctuations should be carefully done if you are providing quality transcription services.
7) Save every stage in separate file.
8) Check spelling again. Presently it is prepared for publication.